The glasshouse range was built in 1845 on the northern wall of the remodelled walled garden. It was constructed with close-grained pine timber, using sliding sashes for ventilation and a twin boiler powered wet system for heating. The whole house is around 60 metres long and dominates the walled garden from all aspects.
It is one of the very few structures of this age and size that is still extant in the UK. Much work was done in the early 1990's to preserve the structure and replace much of the glass including the roof. Originally used as a heated show house for vines, orchids and camellias, it is now used to display shrubs, fruits and climbers that require some frost protection but no extra heat from the old boiler systems.